The PTA works in partnership with the school, families, and community to provide students with a quality education in a nurturing learning environment that embraces hope and potential while engaging and empowering our families and community to advocate for all children.
Together we can strengthen the Burnt Mills Elementary School community. We invite all parents, family members and community members to join the PTA.
Joining the PTA has benefits:
- Members have voting rights (PTA elections, approval of PTA budget, etc.)
- Deeper partnership with the Burnt Mills Elementary School community
- Connections to our Montgomery County Council PTA, Maryland PTA and National PTA
- Advocacy opportunities within Montgomery County Public Schools
- Discounts with AARP, Hertz Rentals, LifeLock, Quicken Loan Mortage, and more
There are many different ways to participate in the PTA:
- Attend our PTA meetings every other month
- Support PTA fundraising events (Hot Cocoa Fun Run and Read-a-thon)
- Join a committee – membership, fundraising, cultural arts
- Volunteer at school events (Book Fair, Picture Day, and Field Day)
- Advocate for Burnt Mills Elementary School
- Provide assistance in the classroom, school office or the media center.
Ready to join the PTA? Click here.
Resource guides for parents on engaging in your child’s education and participating in your school community:
Contact our Membership Committee for more information: