We’re excited for this year’s BMES PTA READ-A-THON theme of “Discover the Magic in Reading!” All students are encouraged to participate and to discover a life-long love of reading.
The best part of the read-a-thon in that 100% of the money collected will be used to support programs at our school! While the Read-a-thon is the PTA’s largest fundraiser every year and we are dependent on the money raised to fund next year’s cultural arts assemblies, teacher grants, field trip assistance, and other school needs, our focus in on participation. We want the students to feel engaged and know that their participation is helping to make a difference at Burnt Mills.
Students, teachers, parents/guardians, and sponsors…thank you for your support and participation! Sponsors: Scroll down to pay online to sponsor a reader.
It’s not too late to start reading and recording minutes for the PTA Read-a-thon. Below you’ll find helpful forms, information about prizes, and online payment options (new this year!).
Check out our new Read-a-thon video too: https://youtu.be/h8-nxenPiUk
Read-a-thon forms and documents
- All participating* readers will receive a Read-a-thon certificate, pencil, and be entered into a raffle for a Friends of the Library Montgomery County book voucher. *Participating is submitting a complete Minute Recording Sheet (regardless of sponsorship amount)
- Students reading 250+ minutes will also be entered into a prize raffle. Raffle prizes include (thus far): “Principal for the Day”, Color Me Mine gift card, Kid Museum passes, Movie gift cards, Sweet Frog gift cards, and Scholastic Book Fair vouchers.
- The class with the highest percentage of participation will win a class party and the teacher will win a gift card to purchase school supplies.
- If 100+ students participate in the Read-a-thon, our school-spirited Assistant Principal, Mr. Clarke, will dress up as the Burnt Mills Eagle during a school day!
- The Top 2 reading students (most minutes read) will win Target gift cards for $50 and $25
- The Top 2 fundraising students (most money raised) will win Target gift cards for $50 and $25