Help Support our Students & School
Together we can strengthen the Burnt Mills Elementary School community. We invite all families to join the PTA.
The PTA works in partnership with the school, families, and community to provide students with a quality education in a nurturing learning environment that embraces hope and potential while engaging and empowering our families and community to advocate for all children.
With your membership to BMES PTA you are helping to support:
- Fellow parents, teachers, and all students
- Cultural art programs (school assemblies)
- Class field trip assistance
- Student extra-curricular activities
- Family Fun Nights throughout the school year
- Staff appreciation events
Joining the PTA has benefits:
- Members have voting rights (PTA elections, approval of PTA budget, etc.)
- Deeper partnership with the Burnt Mills Elementary School community
- Connections to our Montgomery County Council PTA, Maryland PTA and National PTA
- Advocacy opportunities within Montgomery County Public Schools
- Discounts with AARP, Hertz Rentals, LifeLock, Quicken Loan Mortage, and more
There are many different ways to participate in the PTA:
- Attend our PTA meetings every other month
- Support PTA fundraising events (Walk-a-thon and Read-a-thon)
- Join a committee – membership, fundraising, cultural arts
- Volunteer at school events (Book Fair, Picture Day, and Field Day)
- Advocate for Burnt Mills Elementary School
- Provide assistance in the classroom, school office or the media center.
Check out our Volunteer tab for upcoming volunteer opportunities.
Ready to become a Burnt Mills Elementary School PTA member? Membership forms are below (and also available in hard copy at BMES). Please return the completed membership form with payment to the school office or your child’s teacher (ATTN: BMES PTA).